- 8 x 8 Ft of flat smooth surface
- Ability to stand on 1 leg 30 seconds
- Abilty to do squats
- Ability to sit on the floot and get up
- Backwards Skating
- Forward Skating
- Falls & Getting Up
4 Days Of Off Skate Roller Derby Training For Beginners
Thanks for signing up for our online 5 Days of Off Skate Training
This class is great for skaters that need to relearn to skate and want to make sure they off the moves off skates 1st.
But 1st it is best to some back functional movement ability off skates such as:
- ability to do squats
- ability to stand on one leg for 30 second
- ability sit on the floor and get up
If your body can do this stuff let’s get started read and sign the waiver
Here’s what you will learn
Day 1 Off Skates
Falls & Getting Up
Day 2 Off Skates
1 Foot Skating
Day 3 Off Skates
Day 4 Off Skates
Transitions & Endurance
We practice deliberate practice?
What is deliberate practice?
If you’ve ever watched the movie Karate Kid and the teachings of Mr. Miyagi, this is what deliberate practice looks like, it is repetitious movements over and over again, then we apply them in a real world scenarios such as skating down the street, and needing to come to a stop or make a turn from forward backwards.
What we’re are doing with deliberate practices is building muscle memory and nuro plasticity, to allow your body to make the functional movements (with skates off) you need to be able to execute movements to allow you to;
- be lateral off rollerskates,
- stop off rollerskates
- slow down off rollerskates
- turn corners off rollerskates
- turn around from forward to backwards off rollerskates,
- spin off rollerskates
- standing on 1 foot, and much more,
All this is accomplished through highly targeted deliberate practices and practice.
Off Skate Training Online is for skaters looking to get into recreational roller skating, dance skating, skating for cardio, trail skating, figure skating, speed skating or roller derby.
Requirements For Learn To Skate Online:
One requirement for beginner class. You will need to have a strong sense of balance off skates on one foot for both your right and left leg. To test your self stand on one foot for 30 seconds. If you can balance for 30 seconds you are ready to start training!
What you need for Off Skate Training
- 8×8 ft of flat skating surface
- comfortable clothes you can move in
- Super Padded work out mat or knee pads